Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Earth Ship

A while ago at school, my class got a project that we had to make. I just had to use my imagination to create an earth ship. The point of an earth ship is a machine that can go through the middle of the earth. It also had to be able to sustain life forms if it wasn't a controlled robot. I made mine so that it had to be able to sustain me, because I was the commander.

The main cabin was made out of a cut soda bottle, and the part that it was attached to was part of an old ceiling fan from my parents room. The head of the ship (the annihilator) was the top of an old solar light from the garden in our back yard. The Mega Power Energy Blaster (the back of the ship) was a diffuser for a hair dryer. On top of that was part of an old shower head and on the sides of that were the old solar panels from the garden lights. Inside the cabin were a lot of wires and nuts and bolts. I used batteries for air tanks and a metal bracket for the seat. We printed a photo of me in a space suit to put in the captains chair.

I was glad when I found that everyone liked it, and I got an A+ on the assignment.

Here are some pictures of it, and below is a list of all the parts I added to it:



"The Annihilator" at the front of the ship. Read description to see how it works.


The Mega Power Energy Blaster


The Silver Diamond Earth Ship

Commander: Lieutenant Bonnie Wright

Ship Power:
• Mega Power Energy Blaster (MPEB): Propels the Silver Diamond through the earth.
• Controlled Quark Separation Device (CQS Device): More commonly called “The Annihilator”, it completely destroys everything in its path by sending out 2 supersonic quantum beams. Where the beams cross, a force field grows where quarks split up and can’t hold together. The force field spreads out in a controlled area, and everything in its path is annihilated. Once the Silver Diamond passes through, the field dies down and the quarks begin to reassemble.

Earth Ship Robotic System:
• Mega Heat Reverser: Converts the heat surrounding the ship for use by the Mega Power Energy Blaster.
• Impenetrable Transparent Encasement Shield: Protects interior ship components.
• Radiant Heat Storage Panels: Stores up energy from the earth.
• Anti-Gravity Propulsion Thrusters: Manage the gravitational pull around the Silver Diamond.
• Silver Diamond Stabilizer Rings: Reduce unstable ground movements.
• Depth Sensor: Guages proximity to the Earth’s core.

Control Panel Components:
• Energy Booster Switch: Boosts the MPEB of the Silver Diamond .
• Air Control Dial: Controls the internal cabin pressure and temperature.
• Controlled Quark Separation Device Lever (CQS Device Lever): Controls the power of the supersonic beams, which determines the size of the hole the Annihilator creates in the earth.
• Auto Pilot: Keeps the Silver Diamond on the programmed route.

Life support system:
• Personal Air Conditioner: Keeps Commander cool.
• Nutrient Dispenser: Provides nutrients to the Commander.
• Oxygen Conversion System: Provides Oxygen (O2 ) to the Commander.
• Supplementary Air Tanks with Life Wires: Supplies backup oxygen to Commander’s jump suit.
• Emergency Medical System: Treats motion sickness, monitors for dehydration, blood pressure, heart rate and heat stress.
• Waste Exchange System: Converts waste into usable energy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Bonbon,
I loved your Earth Ship. I LOVE YOU! Can you guess who I am? I am not your mom, or dad or aunt or uncle. Guess who? I am one of your cousins. Your Earth Ship was really cool. Your descriptions were really great as well. Hope to see you soon, your cousin and friend, Anonymous.

P.S. I am on the Wright side, but my last name is not "Wright"

Anonymous said...

Hi Bonnie,

Your earth ship is completely awesome! It is perfect. Did you ever read, "Journey to the Center of the Earth" by Jules Verne? They would have been jealous in that story to have a ship like yours.

Now I think we need to build a model that has two seats in it so that we can go for a ride together. Be sure and design some handy cup holders so we can drink Tang while we fly (we'll have to use sippy cups so that the liquid doesn't float out if we decide to enter a zero G zone).

Great job on your project!

Love, Aunt Bonnie in California

Bonnie said...

I know it's you Brie! No one else calls me Bonbon like you do. I'm glad you like my ship. It was a fun project. I hope I can see you soon too!


Love,Bonbon

Anonymous said...

Dear Bonnie,
I am concerned that when you annihilate all that matter underground (so that your ship can zoom towards the core or around down there), you are creating empty space which will cause the mantle to crash down on you, as well as cause earthqukes for those of us up here. I am thinking therefore that your annihilator is going to have to dissolve and then recreate the matter, so that your ship moves within a sort of bubble but is constantly surrounded by mass. To accomplish this, the annihilator will have to melt the matter at the front of the ship and then spit it out the back somehow. Let me know when you figure out how to do this. Best -- Aunt Bonnie's friend Brian

Anonymous said...

I'm so delighted by your project! Really well designed! It's been fun reading your blog!
Gram