Wednesday, August 29, 2007

School has Finally Started!

School has finally started! My brain was going to blow up if I didn't start learning again. I had a great summer, though.
So far the year has not been as good as last year, but I have only been in fifth grade for a week. I bet it will get better. Here is what happened this past week:
Monday was pretty boring except for P.E. All we did in the morning was get organized into our desks and do math. I don't know what has gotten into me, because I keep making stupid mistakes in math. Probably just nervousness.
After lunch, (a hamburger and chocolate milk) we started reading "The Silver Crown." It is an interesting story. It's written in an unusual way, different from most books I've read. But nevertheless, it's pretty good. I am still dying to know what happens in the end.
After a while we had P.E. We played Capture the Flag, which is VERY fun. I'm eager for the next P.E., at which we will probably play Capture the Flag again. It's quite popular in our class.
So that was Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday were like it, except no P.E.
Thursday we were gonna have another P.E. with Ms. G (I have NO clue who she is) but she never came. So we played some fun games with Mrs. Lambert (my fifth grade teacher. By the way, Mrs. Witt, a very nice woman who is in my ward is our Monday P.E. teacher. She's the best!).
Friday went the same way, which is pretty boring. I don't know why I was going to die in the Summer if school didn't start soon, but I think it was because I wanted to know what fifth grade is like. Now we have a four day Labor Day weekend off, and really it's kind of a relief. I just hope we get some big fun projects soon.
For those of you who read my blog, how is work and school?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So far school is going great. But I'm enjoying the long weekend, too. Keep hanging in there with math. It will get easier and more fun with practice. You have a good head for math - don't let anyone convince you otherwise!

Love,
Dad

Blue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SerenaFina said...

I don't really like my school too much. I like how you described your first day. I can't wait to read more!

Love,
♥Serena♥

Anonymous said...

one of the drawbacks of summer vacation all in one long 3-month chunk is that students tend to forget a lot, and it takes a few weeks to get back in the groove. I think you'll take less time than average if you just dive in. Like your dad said, you've got a great head for math...and everything else too! ♥
~mommablue