Sunday, September 19, 2010

Back

Summer, as usual, got busy - I spent more time than I thought with my cousins at my grandparents' house, less time than I would have guessed doing Night Games, and tons of time practicing the piano, organizing my desk and other parts of my room, and thinking about school.

So, school is back in. It became astonishingly overwhelming incredibly fast. I was having a hard time keeping up with my practicing and spending hours on homework that I couldn't spare. Losing sleep and skipping meals and feeling half-dead all the time were some things that were happening, so my mom decided I had had enough. She talked to my guidance counselor and I've had a change in schedule - I'm no longer in the GT (Gifted and Talented) classes. They don't count for college and I personally think they are meant for those who would be bored out of their minds in a normal class, so they're just not worth it.

I'll still technically be in GT science (because it really isn't different from the core science class), but for history and English, I'm done. I'm excited to meet new people and be with some of my other friends that I haven't had classes with, but I'm really sad to leave those in my GT classes. I went all through seventh grade with them and was planning on going through eighth grade too - but it became too much. Maybe that's my fault for spending more time than needed on homework, or getting less sleep that I should have, or maybe it's a change that was meant to happen. Maybe I'm just not cut out for it, at least right now. But for all my friends I'm leaving - I'll miss you! And to my other friends that I may get to see more often - I'll see you soon!

8 comments:

Eliza said...

Well, I think you made the right decision! Bonnie, you are such a great friend to me and you are amazing! Hopefully we can know each other for a long time!

Unknown said...

1st!

Bonnie said...

Eliza: Yes, I agree. I think we will be great friends for a long time! :D

Will: Not quite - I just hadn't moderated Eliza's. :) Thanks for commenting, though! :P

Eliza said...

Yes, I was 1st! (sorry Will.....)Not to brag.... :)

Unknown said...

Y

Bonnie said...

Because I said so!!! Just kidding. Eliza just got to it first. :)

Bonnie said...

And congratulations: you have officially posted the shortest comment ever on my blog. :D

Unknown said...

YES!!!