Saturday, March 31, 2012

End of March Update

I missed February, but I am not missing March. So here is a little update on stuff that has been going on:

  • Spring has sprung! And being on Spring Break feels better than I can ever remember.
  • General Conference began today, and I enjoyed all four hours of it.
  • I saw the Hunger Games yesterday, and loved it - I'm going to start reading the books tonight. Yes, I know: everyone has read the books already. I just stink at making time to do these kinds of things. Anyway, I went with a bunch of friends, and afterwards we got ice cream at a Dairy Queen and then went to someone's house and played Reverse Charades. It was a blast - we were all cracking up while doing some impressions. I love my friends.
  • Last weekend I went on a trip to Goblin Valley and Moab with a bunch of people in the Concert Band and Orchestra at our school - it was SO much fun, and I think everyone had a great time.
  • I've been spending a lot more time practicing piano since my mom started this system...if I practice less than 1 1/2 hours during the week, I have to pay for my lesson. But if I practice more than 3 hours a week, I get paid $8 an hour for each hour I do above 3. I haven't made that much money, but I have accomplished a lot more than I used to with that instrument. Also, next year I am taking a release-time class, or electronic high school class, during which I will go home and practice piano. I want to get a lot better at it. Somewhat sadly, I am quitting viola next year - but it has been fun while it lasted. Being in an ensemble is great, and don't regret starting in the first place. I'm just ready to move on from that.
  • I picked up the ukulele! It's just a little hobby, and I'm not all that great at it, but it's really fun and I enjoy playing it. My reasons for quitting the viola have nothing to do with the uke, in case you were wondering. It's just a fun hobby, like I said.
  • School has been pretty stressful, but I have managed to get no lower than an A- in any class. I only got one of those, in algebra 2, and it could have been prevented so easily...but whatever. I'm mostly over it. An A minus in an advanced math class isn't going to keep me out of college. Right now it's my science grade I am most concerned with - but only because I practically failed one test and it's the first thing on our grades. I think I'll be able to bring it back up.
  • I went to my friend's QuinceƱera a few weeks ago, and it was amazing. It was a little like the dance I had for my birthday, but kind of an even bigger deal...
  • Back in February, we had a school dance and a stake dance. Both were pretty fun. At the school dance, I was dancing with this guy and then a whole bunch of people made a ring around us and were whistling or whatever when he spun me. It was really funny, although it was a little embarrassing. It's weird how everyone makes a huge deal about dancing couples at school dances, but not at stake ones - but whatever. The stake dance was great, as usual. I won't go into more detail about that.
  • Other than that...I can't really think of anything. Life is pretty good right now, although my days are up and down. As can be expected of a 15-year-old girl. :)

1 comment:

Blue said...

supertrippleawesome update, dolly! you are the most wonderful fifteen year old girl i could ever imagine. so proud of you and all that you are working on, the choices you've made, and the way you're growing. ♥ you forever