Sunday, June 22, 2008

Service

This Friday I went to the house of a family in our ward for a day just to serve. First, we went outside, took a whole bunch of junk out of their car, and I vacuumed it. Then we scrubbed it for a while. It looked like a fairy godmother had come and transformed it.
I can't remember the exact order of things I did, but at some points I kept the kids busy, I helped the girl that's one grade younger that me clean out her clubhouse, swept the stairs in the backyard, tried to help a bit with lunch, went to DI with them, played on their Wii for a while with them - and I had a lot of fun.
I also got to know that family much better. They will be moving soon and right now they are really busy so I'm glad I could help them. The sad thing is, I feel I got to know them so well that I started really liking them, so I'm going to miss them when they move. I hope we'll meet again sometime.

I love serving. I'm glad I could take a day to really help someone out.

6 comments:

Monica said...

That's really nice. :)

SerenaFina said...

Hey, can you come over to my house and do that? Please?!?!?!? You can help me with Spooky and with keeping me happy! :D

Monica said...

Wow that is nice.

Monica said...

Hey Bonnie you should update your blog more cause i go on it every day so ya!

Anonymous said...

You're such a sweetie Bonnie!

Bonnie said...

I would LOVE to come over and do that Serena, I just think we'd get to carried away having fun with each other that we wouldn't get any work done!