Sunday, June 07, 2009

Overnight Camp Out

Recently our ward had a fun activity - an overnight camp out with our dads. Last year - when my dad couldn't come so we went with our uncle - it was at a fun swimming park with an awesome water slide. This year when I heard it would be at a different place without a swimming pool or anything, I thought, "What could be more fun that swimming and zooming down a water slide?"

But boy, was I wrong.

This year the event was held at a beautiful place owned by the creators of a very successful company. They had a huge property in the mountains with a lovely creek running through it, a natural spring that led to a pond which led to the creek, a double-story tree house, a zip line running from the tree house over the creek to the other side, and a bungee jump. It was amazing. On the bungee jump, they hooked you on and pulled you back as far as they could and then let you go like a slingshot. It was fantastic. When they let you go, you would fly over the creek and come soaring back, over and over again. I felt like I was flying, it was so magical. It was one of the most amazing things I've done in my life. I hope that next year we go back again...but maybe they'll change it to something even better - though I don't know what could be more fun than that place. But that's what I thought last year, and I was wrong. Maybe next year we'll camp at Disneyland! ;) Another wonderful thing about it was falling asleep to the sound of rushing water. It was so peaceful. I had a great time playing cops and robbers with my friends, bungee jumping, riding on the zip line, and just taking in the beauty of everything. I had an incredible experience!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a ton of fun!

-E.Z. (the dancer! :) )