Sunday, August 30, 2009

First Week of Junior High

Junior High has been great so far! Besides a few locker problems and trying to find my classes on the first day, it's been a pretty good week. It's been crazy, but good. I've already had a few algebra assignments, I'm working on a five-paragraph English essay about the villainization of snakes, and I've been assigned my term project for science. But even with all of this work, I'm determined to do as well this year as I have done any other year in elementary. I plan not to procrastinate my projects until the last second, discipline myself into working every day to do better, and also I want to get back on a regular practicing schedule (for piano and viola), though I haven't quite made myself do that yet. If you have any suggestions, please comment - I'm open to any tips on how to keep myself going even if I'm wading through piles of homework.

Anyway, my favorite class is drama, because we get relaxation day every Friday and we play fun games that build our focus (because the foundation of acting is focus). Our first relaxation day was amazing - one person actually fell asleep. We listened to soft, beautiful music while our teacher spoke softly to us about tensing different parts of our body and then letting them relax. It was wonderful. My favorite teacher is our CTE teacher though - he is so fun. And CTE is a fun class too, but drama is still my favorite.

To all of my friends - how was your first week of school?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first week of school was really good!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!! Um...for piano...just do it right after homework and think of it as something you HAVE to do every day!!

-E.Z.

Blue said...

what? you don't like algebra best?!

;-)

i'm glad your first week has gone so well. keep up the great attitude. my advice is to be kind to everyone. literally. it'll change your life and change the world. simple. free. right.

SerenaFina said...

Junior High is so fun!!