Saturday, September 05, 2009

Night Games

I love having Night Games with my friends. It's so fun to run around in the dark playing games like soccer, Capture the Flag, and other favorites. I've hosted Night Games once, and even though not many people came, we still had a ton of fun.

Last night, my friend called me up at 8:30 wondering if I could come join her and some other kids for night games. I had been planning to go to bed, but my parents were okay with me having some fun with my friends for a couple hours. The only people there besides my friend were boys, and so she was grateful that I could join them. While we were playing soccer, someone kicked the soccer ball up into a pine tree. It was about 30 feet up, but while the others were lamenting the loss and getting ready to play Capture the Flag, I asked my friend if I could try climbing the tree and getting the ball. She said it was okay, and I'm pretty sure she doubted that I'd be able to get it. But I scrambled up that tree without anyone noticing and then I called out to ask which branch the ball was in. Everyone was astonished to see how I had climbed that tree. When I figured out which branch the ball was stuck it, I scooted out a little farther along the branch and started jumping up and down until the ball fell out. All the boys started chanting, "Bonnie! Bonnie! Bonnie!" and I felt really happy. I climbed down and even though we had the ball again, we decided to play Capture the Flag. I had a ton of fun the rest of the night.

Night Games are a great way to spend time with your friends. I love it when I'm invited to them. And they are very casual - usually when the friend that invited me last night has Night Games at her house, there are kids of all ages; she has older and younger siblings that invite friends as well. Boys and girls are welcome to come over and join the fun. Night games are awesome!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds fun!!!!!! I am glad you got the ball and they started chanting your name!!!!

-E.Z.

Bonnie said...

Thanks! Yeah, it was really fun. Especially when they started chanting my name. :)

Abigail's Blog said...

What boys were there? haha!

Bonnie said...

I remember Brigham, Jake A., Nate...it was a while ago, so I don't remember all of them.