Thursday, October 25, 2007

Dancing

So, yesterday we had our first dancing lesson at school. It was freakin' awesome, and very fun. My class warmed up with the chicken dance (which was weird and stupid) then reviewed square dance steps. I say "reviewed" because last year at the 4th grade rendezvous we learned them.
As I said before, it was seriously fun. I did have to dance with boys most of the time, but some of them weren't bad.
My favorite move is dosey doh (doe-see-doe) because it just feels cool. People always turn around when they want to go back, but it's kind of cool to do that, I don't really know why.

The boys I danced with were: Jake W., Hans, Jack (he was really good), Sam S., Klaliff (first l is silent), met up with Jake A. but then we moved on without dancing, um...one of the ladies teaching us, uh...Ben, and I can't think of anyone else.
Even though it was kind of embarrassing, it was great. I can't wait till next Wednesday!

5 comments:

Blue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SerenaFina said...

YOU take DANCING in SCHOOL??? We take music instead.

Bonnie said...

We take both. Orchestra and band & dancing.

Katie said...

Bonnie! I think you are an incredible dear-I just want you to know that your comments on the blog are so fun for me to read. I love you and your mom so much and I'm glad we got to meet again this summer after so many years! Please keep sharing your great ideas on your blog and on mine, and go and see what my kids are writing on their blog too, they'd love to be pen pals with you!

Anonymous said...

dancing is great. i'm glad you're getting the chance to experience it, and hope that you have many many fun opportunities to dance in the future. it was a big part of my life...till i married daddy. then it all came to a screeching halt! ;-) but still, it's a lot of fun.
♥mommablue