Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Hubble Space Telescope


For 15 years the Hubble Space Telescope has been taking amazing pictures of our universe. It has done 4 servicing missions, 88,000 orbits, and traveled two billion miles. It is "humanity's window" on the universe, newborn stars, magestic nebulae, and faraway galaxies. With over 700,000 observations of colliding galaxies, crashing comets, and planets beyond our solor system, it has proved black holes are real, discovered dark energy, and found galaxies near the dawn of time. It has shown us the deepest views of the universe, determained the age of the universe, and is the most succsessful science mission in history.

Someday I want to work on mysteries in photos that were taken by telescopes like the Hubble. I love the Hubble Space Telescope. It is really awsome!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the HST photos are really fantastic too. In fact I used some this morning to teach a lesson in Priesthood Meeting at Church, to illustrate the immensity of God's creations, and our possibilities in them.

I'm interested in Dark Matter too, wondering if it has any relation to the "intelligence" that fills the universe, from which God formed his "Spirit Children",(us), as discussed in Abraham chapter 3, in the P O G P. It will be interesting to learn all about that.

Love G-dad B

Anonymous said...

Hi Bonnie,
I just love your wonderful blog!
You are a special and amazing little girl and I had so much fun meeting you and Brandon last week!
My favorite part of our day together was catching that little frog with you.
I also loved seeing your magical fairie houses. Any fairie would be very lucky to live in a house that you built!
If I was tiny I would become a fairie house real estate agent and show your little homes. I'm sure they would sell very quickly, and with all the magical money we made we could build a magnificent fairie palace by the sea! Fairies could come from all over the world for concerts and dances! Wouldn't that be fun?
I hope you have a great day and I hope to see you again very soon!
Your friend,
Faye
XXXOOOXXX