Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The End of School is Almost Here!!!!!

I can't believe the end of school is almost here! 4th grade has been a blast. I have the best 4th grade teacher in the world, Mrs. Jenson. I sure am going to miss her. She has taught me so many things, like math, science, anatomy, vocabulary words like anomaly (my favorite one), how to play the harmonica, (and she made the parents get them for us, which rocks), reading comprehension, health, and art technics, especially painting. She taught us how to paint gorgeous trees, mountains, skies, and flowers. She taught us simple and complicated kinds of art, painting eggshells and pictures, and many other things.
Another thing she taught us when we were studying anatomy was the bones of the body. There are so many that we got to memorize just the main ones. I'm not sure I still remember all of them, because it was a while ago, but I do know some. We also studied the mouth. Mrs. Jenson taught us the kinds of teeth, the incisors,canines,molars, and premolars.
But the main part of science, and the one I like best, was when we studied Utah. We learned all twenty-nine counties, and we did county reports. I did mine on Cache County. I hadn't realized I have so much history in Utah. I found a lot out about my own history when I was searching for information on Cache County. So Mrs. Jenson got me to look at my own history.
Another thing we have studied about Utah is it's weather and climate. I think it is really interesting how weather in Salt Lake City is mainly made by the Great Salt Lake, which evaporates and makes all it's precipitation. We also studies the water cycle, another subject I love. It is interesting how it starts (well, their really isn't a start but I like to think of it that way) with evaporation, then it condenses around dust into droplets, but it needs cool air to do that. Then, it will fall out of the sky as some kind of precipitation, snow, rain, sleet, or hail. Run-off will drain down streams to rivers, oceans, etc. Or, it will evaporate again.
Anyway, this year has been very,very,very awesome!!!

No comments: