Sunday, May 20, 2007

Living Traditions festival

Yesterday I went to the Living Traditions festival. It was awesome! I got to try foods from different countries and make cool crafts. I also played Bocce Ball, which is a fun game kind of like bowling. Someone throws the white ball (which is smaller than the others), and then the teams of the different colors take turns throwing their color ball as close to the white ball as they can. But if they throw it out of the lines then it is dead. When I played, once my ball came about two inches from the white ball! I couldn't believe it. I think it came closest out of all the balls to get near the white ball without touching it in that game.
Another awesome thing I did was try foods from different countries. I had some kind of meat on a stick, a little plate of noodles with some other stuff mixed in, mango juice, cooked spinich, and my favorite, cous cous. It feels like a cross between cream of wheat and corn, but I can't identify the taste. But I sure like it. I hope I can have some more some day.
The crafts that I made were a Japenese oragami crane,which was blue, and tissue paper flowers I think were from Mexico. The colors I chose for these were silver, gold, green, turquoise, and blue. They looked really pretty together. When I made the crane, I decided that the flower would be its nest. And Sky (I named my crane) looks really cute all snuggled up in the flower.
I had a really great time at the festival, and I hope I can go again soon!