Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Battle

Last night we had a party for all the old friends in town who lived near us in our old ward. It was AWESOME!!! When all the kids came it was really fun. First, a family with only boys and a baby girl came. Then after a while I met a new friend, Brynley. She is the second oldest in her family and my age. She also had a sister, Maddie. At first, we wanted to hang out without her, but after a while we wanted all the girls we could get.
Then Sage came. She was the first friend I ever "played" with when I was a tiny baby. She is a couple months older than me. We first started the little "club" thing, and I showed her this tree that is what I think a blue spruce, because the needles are blueish, very blueish. It is practicaly hollow inside, and the lower half of the tree has good climbing branches, even though it is sappy, and peek-holes to see outside of it.
Then I invited Brynley into the club, and each group, boys and girls, got lots more people. Then the Battle began.


The boys started it, of course. They began it by hitting our tree with light-sabers that my brother brought. We got mad, and started collecting pine cones, sticks, branches, and my favorite, pine needles. We had plenty of those. In fact, that was the most useful thing to throw because I was trying to clear a spot of them for a meeting place where we could sit. I could just grab handfuls and throw them out from in the tree. When I got a big spot cleared I started collecting mowed grass. There was tons and tons of clumps and lines of it all over the fields. When I collected a whole bunch, I would go back and spread it out over the patch of ground. When I was done, it was very satisfying. I told the girls,"I don't know about you guys, but I intend to live in comfort and style."
After the battle there was only about ten minutes before everyone left. I was sad because that was a lot of fun, but I hope I can see all those people again soon!

1 comment:

Katie said...

How fun to read your blog Bonnie! Our kids had so much fun playing with you; we are happy you could meet them. Hope to see you again soon!
-Katie Graham